Lani Kwon, MA
“I believe in each person’s potential to make better choices, live an empowered life and to interconnect with others to make the world a better place for all.”
–Lani Kwon, MA
Founder and CEO of Creating YOUR Calling® LLC
Lani Kwon, MA, Founder and CEO of Creating YOUR Calling® LLC, provides clients with step-by-step tools and resources for life transformation and re-design. She has over two decades of experience in teaching, writing, crisis counseling, public speaking and life coaching, and she combined these interests into a successful coaching practice in Ann Arbor, Michigan in 2005. Now back home in Honolulu, Hawai‘i, she offers professional keynote speeches, presentations and workshops for small groups, companies and non-profit organizations.
She writes regularly for Natural Awakenings Hawaii and is a member of the teaching faculties at Happiness U at SALT Kaka’ako and Sedona Hawaii at Ward Centre. She provides one-on-one coaching worldwide, and she reads Divine guidance oracle deck cards weekly on Tuesdays from 4:15-7:45 p.m. and Saturdays 4:30-8:30 p.m. and for special events, such as the Ward Centre Flash Readings for Sedona and Body Mind Spirit Expo with Sedona and Natural Awakenings.
Lani serves and supports people going through many types of life changes, such as: graduation, career change, identity crisis, coming out, moving, marriage, divorce, pregnancy, recovery, and retirement, among others. Lani has served as a transformative life coach since 2005 and professional keynote speaker since 2013.
Women’s Empowerment Workshop at Good Vibe Center August 11, 2018 organized by: Randi Lee Randi@SelfLoveApparel.com
She has also trained as a Nia Technique® Instructor and earned White (2014), Blue (2017) and Green (2018) belts, as well as a Moving to Heal certificate (2018) in that practice. Lani is also a registered yoga teacher RYT through Yoga Alliance and Adi Shakti Yoga School (January 2018). In March 2018, she trained in New York City in the MELT Foot and Hand Method, a guided self-healing technique that renews, rehydrates and revitalizes connective tissue, which allows for pain relief and pain prevention. (Click here for a recent Scientific American article about ground-breaking research on connective tissue in the Interstitium System connective tissue.) She teaches wellness classes at studios throughout Oahu.
Nia Technique Green Belt Graduation at Still & Moving Center
with Winalee Zeeb, Instructor
Hatha Yoga 200-Hour training at Still & Moving Center
via Adi Shakti Yoga School with Claudia Castor
Lani is a writer and has had multiple non-fiction, poetry and fiction publications, including:
- “Maintaining Hope in Difficult Times” http://www.naturalawakeningshawaii.com/Natural-Awakenings-Hawaii/October-2018/Maintaining-Hope-in-Difficult-Times/index.php?previewmode=on (Natural Awakenings Hawaii, October 2018)
- “Co-Parenting or Parallel Parenting: How to Make Family Ties Work” http://www.naturalawakeningshawaii.com/Natural-Awakenings-Hawaii/May-2018/Co-Parenting-or-Parallel-Parenting/index.php?previewmode=on (Natural Awakenings Hawaii, May 2018)
- “Soul Mates: Finding, Nurturing and Sustaining True Love” http://www.naturalawakeningshawaii.com/Natural-Awakenings-Hawaii/February-2018/Soul-Mates-Finding-Nurturing-and-Sustaining-True-Love/index.php?previewmode=on (Natural Awakenings Hawaii, February 2018)
- “How to Enjoy a Stress-Free Holiday Season” http://issuu.com/awodigitaledition/docs/natural_awakenings_hawaii_november_?e=2076238/54203524 (Natural Awakenings Hawaii, November 2017)
- “Taking Off the Mask: The Courage to Be Your Authentic Self” http://www.naturalawakeningshawaii.com/Natural-Awakenings-Hawaii/May-2017/Taking-off-the-Mask/index.php?previewmode=on (Natural Awakenings Hawaii, May 2017)
- “Reignite Your Resolutions: Use Positive Psychology For Real-Life New Year Transformation” http://www.naturalawakeningshawaii.com/Natural-Awakenings-Hawaii/January-2017/Reignite-Your-Resolutions/index.php?previewmode=on (Natural Awakenings Hawaii, January 2017)
- “Can Women Really Have It All? Tips to Balance Family, Work and Self-Care” http://www.naturalawakeningshawaii.com/Natural-Awakenings-Hawaii/May-2016/Can-Women-Really-Have-it-All/ (Natural Awakenings Hawaii, May 2016)
- The Creating CoPOWERment® Workbook https://www.copowerment.com/workbook
(Self-Improvement, Balboa Press, a Division of Hay House, Inc., ©2013)
- The Hawai‘i Independent (Book Review, 2011) http://hawaiiindependent.net/story/unfamiliar-fishes-by-sarah-vowell-resurrects-hawaiian-histories
- “Because You’re Important, Too! Five Things You Can Do in Just a Few Minutes Each Day for Self-Care and Empowerment” National Association of Social Workers’ Hawai‘i Chapter Newsletter Ka Hūlili on 8/11/11 (Self-Care Article, 2011)
- The Crazy Wisdom Community Journal http://crazywisdomjournal.squarespace.com/journal-archive-2/
(“What’s New” Columns and One-on-One Interviews, 2006-2008)
- The Pocket Reader and The Brief Pocket Reader, edited by David Munger (Essay in College-Level Anthology, 2000) http://www.amazon.com/The-Pocket-Reader-David-Munger/dp/0321076680
- KQED Radio “Perspectives” (Op-Ed on Public Radio, 1997)
- Palo Alto Weekly short story contest winner (Short Story, 1996)
Lani is working on a series of online courses: Creating YOUR Calling®: How to Discover Your Authentic Life Mission© due to be published in 2019.
The transformative and inspiring online course
Creating YOUR Calling®:
How to Discover Your Authentic Life Mission ©2019
The transformative and inspiring book coming in Fall 2020!
Brand new chapters and interviews with international body-mind-spirit experts, clients and groundbreaking positive psychology research into: Cultivating Creativity, True Grit: Harnessing Your Intuition and Logical Mind for the Long Haul, Edgewalking: Dealing with Difficulty…Even Death, Social Media: Tool for Empowered Interconnectedness or Propaganda Weapon?, and Being a World Citizen.
Advance Praise for Creating Your Calling:
“Creating Your Calling is a life-altering book! Lani Kwon, MA’s decades of coaching, writing, research and public speaking experience are what you need to transform your life.”
Lyla B. Berg, Ph.D., Hawai‘i State Representative and Author of Leaving the Gilded Cage
“Creating YOUR Calling®: How to Discover Your Authentic Life Mission offers practical advice that will help anyone looking to live a more authentic life and tackle daily obstacles. The colorful stories from Lani’s personal and professional experiences that are drizzled throughout the book make the book engaging and real. Not only will people read it cover to cover, they will earmark pages and refer back to them time and again.”
Beckie Kowalski, MS, Publisher, Natural Awakenings Hawai‘i
“Creating YOUR Calling® will be a revelation to anyone grappling with the huge questions of purpose and calling. Lani skillfully blends humor and grace into a direct approach that gets right to the heart of the matter. This isn’t simply a book to read, it’s an experience to have. Play full out with the exercises. Dive deep, write it all down, and be prepared to welcome magic into your life.”
Jennifer Lynch, Adventure Blogger and Authorof Fuck Cancer!:A Tale of Love Pouring in From Every Angle
“Creating YOUR Calling®is quite simply an invitation to your authentic self, to live your life with more meaning and joy. Lani writes elegantly as she shares many personal stories designed to give you insights and light your way. She acts as your guide as you journey deep within the tapestry of your life to find what makes you truly come alive. This is your life, and Lani’s work will help you to build a life that really resonates.”
Jayne Warrilow, Bestselling Author of The 10-Day Coaches MBA
“In my thirty years as a coach, I have learned that embracing the power of satisfaction, gratitude and the act of serving others are essential aspects in living a good life. You can never truly be yourself without the joy of serving others. You can never be satisfied without connecting with otherness and living with gratitude. In spite of the powerful cultural forces that predicate dissatisfaction as an economic engine, there is a deep part of your soul that knows differently. That part of you knows the essence of gratitude and the magic of living a meaningful life. We must recover the sacredness in our daily lives. We must recover our sense of connectivity with one another and nature. Read Lani’s book. There you will find a sweet invitation.
Julio Olalla, Founder of Newfield Network
Lani was on book tour in the continental U.S. and Canada in 2013-2016.
To view past book tour events and photo galleries click here.
Contact Lani Kwon, MA
Contact: 1 (808) 594-7950
for a complimentary, no-obligation 30-minute initial consultation.
©2005-2019 and beyond. All Rights Reserved.
Lani Kwon, MA Creating YOUR Calling® LLC