The transformative and inspiring book coming in 2017!
Seven brand new chapters and interviews with international body-mind-spirit experts and groundbreaking positive psychology research into: Cultivating Creativity, Body-Mind-Heart-Spirit Fitness, Edgewalking: Dealing with Difficulty…Even Death, Social Media as a Tool for Empowered Interconnectedness, Social Entrepreneurs, Using Your Intuition and Being a World Citizen.
Advance Praise for Creating Your Calling:
“Creating Your Calling is a life-altering book! Lani Kwon, MA’s decades of coaching, writing, research and public speaking experience are what you need to transform your life.”
Lyla B. Berg, Ph.D., Hawai‘i State Representative and Author of Leaving the Gilded Cage, http://www.lylaberg.com
“I’ve known Lani over five years, and she never fails to surprise and inspire me. Her work is uplifting yet practical. Creating Your Calling will change your life.”
Lori Chaffin, Publisher, The Hawaii Wellness Directory, Magazine and Network,
Author and Editor of the series: Messages Straight From the Heart,
“Free yourself of past mistakes and false beliefs. Creating Your Calling rewires old patterns, creates new pathways and allows you to create your own future. Lani Kwon, MA, knows her stuff.”
Patrick Snow, International Bestselling Author of Boy Entrepreneur, The Affluent Entrepreneur and Creating Your Own Destiny, http://www.patricksnow.com
Original Creating CoPOWERment® Workbook published @BalboaPress, a Division @HayHouse in 2013 and available online at Amazon, B&N, Balboa Press websites in hardcover, softcover and EBook versions and all major bookstores and independent bookstores in Hawaii, the continental U.S. and Canada.
The Creating CoPOWERment® Workbook:
Embracing the Power of Positive Psychology, Healing Stories and
Explorations to Create the Life You Want ©2013
The Creating CoPOWERment® Workbook: Embracing the Power of Positive Psychology, Healing Stories and Explorations to Create the Life You Want ©2013 encourages readers to explore choices, visualize outcomes and set priorities. This workbook is informal and informative, never preachy. It provides readers with the shared true-life stories of past Creating CoPOWERment® clients and body-mind-spirit practitioners, balanced with the scientific results of positive psychology studies conducted over the past 30+ years in the areas of optimism, self-compassion, goal-setting, meaningful work and success. Thought-provoking hands-on explorations at the end of each chapter support readers in discovering their motivations and ideals in planning step-by-step how to change their own lives for the better.
In this book you will discover:
- What motivates you and how to use your strengths to create the life you want.
- How your unexamined thoughts and beliefs are holding you back from achieving your goals.
- How to transform obstacles into lessons and markers of success.
- How to find and align with like-minded-hearted-souled allies, organizations and communities.
- What your life purpose really is and step-by-step how to get there.
Creating CoPOWERment® is a phrase the author coined to describe the empowering interactions that take place when people going through life transitions come together in groups or partnered one-on-one in professional coaching relationships. People who have participated in Creating CoPOWERment® have reported that they are able to identify better life options when they have an opportunity to share their experiences, beliefs and resources with others.
Available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and in fine independent bookstores in the U.S. and Canada.
Selected Photos from the International Book Tour 2013-2015
Photos: (top row) Hay House I Can Do It! Washington, D.C. 9/28-29/13 and Hay House I Can Do It! Vancouver, B.C. 5/17-18/14; (2nd row); In Other Words Feminist Community Center 5/24/14 and New Renaissance Bookshop Portland, OR 5/25/14; (2nd row from bottom) Hay House I Can Do It! Denver, CO 3/29/14 and Hay House I Can Do It! San Jose, CA 2/1-2/14; (bottom row) Hay House I Can Do It! New York 10/26-27/13 and Hay House I Can Do It! Pasadena, CA 11/8-10/14
Lani was on book tour in the continental U.S. and Canada in 2013-2016.
To view all past book tour events and photo galleries click here.
Excerpt from The Creating CoPOWERment®
It was not until I was 43 that I finally came to understand that I couldn’t expect to find the “right” someone, the ideal job or even lose that last ten pounds so that everything else in my life will then be “perfect.” Instead I knew that I had to find the rightness, ideal and perfection in myself right in every moment and discover that it was there all along. I had to embrace, not push away, all of who I was, including my dark, sad and scary parts. I also knew that I was capable of making choices that were healthy, wise and fun.
When seeking self-acceptance and love, remember it is already within us, though it may take practice to discover, uncover and recover. Based on my own experiences with rediscovering love and compassion for myself, I recommend the following:
1) Ask yourself what you would say or do for your best friend in the same circumstances, then say or do that for yourself.
2) Hang out only with people who uplift and inspire you and avoid critical, insensitive types.
3) Treat yourself to one special thing a day. This could be time to rest or a piece of chocolate or another small treat or doing something you love to do, because you deserve it.
4) Wear clothes and shoes that you like and which fit you properly and make you feel good about yourself.
5) Participate in activities and groups that accentuate your talents and strengths.
6) Keep only the gifts, objects and keepsakes that hold meaning and good memories for you.
7) Connect with others who have integrity, and be honest with yourself about what motivates your interest in others.
8) Say “No” to things, people and events out of alignment with who you are. When you say “Yes!” only to things, people and events that resonate as true for you, then you say “Yes!” to your highest Self, to those in alignment with you and to Spirit.
9) Ask and reach out for support from trusted friends, colleagues and mentors whom you admire.
by Lani Kwon, MA in The Creating CoPOWERment® Workbook ©2013
Lani has also had multiple non-fiction, poetry and fiction publications, including:
- “Taking Off the Mask: The Courage to Be Your Authentic Self” http://www.naturalawakeningshawaii.com/Natural-Awakenings-Hawaii/May-2017/Taking-off-the-Mask/index.php?previewmode=on (Natural Awakenings, May 2017)
- “Reignite Your Resolutions: Use Positive Psychology For Real-Life New Year Transformation”http://www.naturalawakeningshawaii.com/Natural-Awakenings-Hawaii/January-2017/Reignite-Your-Resolutions/index.php?previewmode=on (Natural Awakenings, January 2017)
- “Can Women Really Have It All? Tips to Balance Family, Work and Self-Care” (on page 8) http://www.naturalawakeningshawaii.com/Natural-Awakenings-Hawaii/May-2016/Can-Women-Really-Have-it-All/ (Natural Awakenings, May 2016)
- The Creating CoPOWERment® Workbook (Self-Improvement, self-published by Balboa Press, 2013)
- The Hawai‘i Independent (Book Review, 2011)
- “Because You’re Important, Too! Five Things You Can Do in Just a Few Minutes Each Day for Self-Care and Empowerment” National Association of Social Workers’ Hawai‘i Chapter Newsletter Ka Hūlili on 8/11/11 (Self-Care Article, 2011)
- The Pocket Reader and The Brief Pocket Reader, edited by David Munger (Essay in College-Level Anthology, 2000)
- KQED Radio “Perspectives” (Op-Ed on Public Radio, 1997)
- Palo Alto Weekly short story contest winner (Short Story, 1996)
Contact Lani Kwon, MA at 1 (808) 594-7950
Lani@coPOWERment.com or Lani.Kwon@yahoo.com
for a complimentary, no-obligation 30-minute initial consultation.
©2005-2017 and beyond. All Rights Reserved.
Lani Kwon, MA Creating YOUR Calling® LLC